How to Prepare for your Removalists in Melbourne
Prepare today for a smooth move.
Moving your home or office doesn’t just involve hiring a removalist company the day before you move and praying that everything will go to plan. You need to properly prepare your home and furniture, and your removalist company needs to know a few things in advance. John Ryan Removals are the leading removalists in Melbourne, and can help you prepare for your moving day.
Offering reliable removal services in Melbourne, John Ryan Removals can help you move across town, across the country, or across the globe.
A successful, stress-free move requires careful planning and preparation. There are many things you need consider and lose ends that need to be tied before moving. This includes redirecting mail, sorting through unwanted items, clearing rubbish, turning off utilities at the place you are leaving behind and getting them set them up at your new place.
When preparing for your moving day, it can be a good idea to write a list of everything you need to do before the removalist company arrives, and decide a date for each item to be completed.
6 weeks before moving day:
- Call removal services in Melbourne to get quotes.
- Decide on your moving date and time.
- Decide what furniture you want to take with you, and what items you want to get rid of.
2 weeks before moving day:
- Hold a garage sale to get rid of any unwanted furniture.
- Start using the food in your freezer so that it will be empty on moving day, making it a lot easier to move.
- Arrange care for your pets and children on moving day.
- Start packing up smaller items such as books, toys, ornaments and so on.
1 week before moving day:
- Organise for your mail to be redirected.
- Arrange for the utilities at your new home or office to be connected, and arrange for it to be disconnected at the place you are leaving behind.
- Drop off any unsold items from your garage sale to a local charity shop.
- Provide your removalist company with a list of any large, valuable or difficult furniture items that they should come prepared for.
Day before moving:
- Make sure you have keys for your new home or access to your new office.
- Finish packing all small items and leave the bigger items for the removalists.
- Notify your neighbours of the moving truck arrival to ensure there is room for them to park the truck.
- Instruct the removalists on where to park.
- Show them the items that need to be disassembled, packed down or that need special attention.
- Do a final check to make sure everything has been packed up – check drawers, cupboards, garden sheds and so on.
- Clear any rubbish and take it with you.
- Arrive at your new home or office and start unpacking!
1. Hiring a Reliable Interstate Transport Company in Melbourne
2. Make a Smooth Office Move with Minimum Down Time
3. Packing Tips for Your Moving Day
4. Make Your Move Easy. Use an International Moving Company