Moving to Australia with Ease
Moving to any place is truly a challenging task for anyone. Relocation involves making certain arrangements that you may find hard to accomplish on your own. Fortunately, there are removal experts you can call when you find yourself in this kind of situation.
If you are planning to move to Australia, John Ryan Removals can assist you by:
- Arranging quotations for your packing and removal to any Australian port
- Collecting your shipment from the arriving port or airport
- Arranging customs clearance
- Arranging quarantine inspection and clearance (we will make arrangements on your behalf should quarantine order treatment of any articles)
- Delivering your goods to your new residence, unwrap the furniture, unpack the cartons and remove all the packaging
Please be aware that all used furniture and personal effects shipments imported into Australia are inspected by the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service (AQIS).
Generally, the items AQIS are looking for are:
- Vacuum cleaners with full bags
- Sporting gear with soil on them (bikes, golf clubs, hiking boots)
- Dairy and egg products
- Meats and poultry
- Seeds and nuts
- Vegetables and fruit
- Live animals
Please click here for a more detailed list of items not to bring with you.
Necessary documents required when moving to Australia are obtained here: