Commercial Relocation Melbourne – Checklist
Thought moving house was hard? Try moving your office or business.
When it comes to moving your office furniture, computers and filing systems, it can certainly be a stressful situation. However there is also another major issue that needs to be carefully considered. The issue of making the move with minimal disruption to your business, employees and customers can certainly be quite a task.
A commercial relocation can become quite a headache if it’s not well thought through. Thorough planning and preparation is key to ensuring the process is hassle-free, and so is using a professional moving service. With an array of industry experience and valuable insight, using reputable commercial relocation services will help make your moving day a breeze.
John Ryan Removals are leaders in commercial relocation in Melbourne, and have a wealth of knowledge to help you prepare to move your business, including this handy checklist:
Before Your Move:
- Get a copy of a floor plan of the new premises to start planning where everything will go including desks, chairs, cabinets and so on. Outlining and itemising your items on a floor plan will help save a significant amount of time and effort when moving day arrives.
- If there are multiple items that look similar but need to be set up in different areas of your new location, make sure you clearly label, or number them and add them to your floor plan.
- Speak with your IT help desk and seek assistance or get advice on the best way to switch everything over to your new location. The IT team will need to consider things such as hardware setup, software changes and internet connections at the new premises.
- Confirm the location, date and time of your move with your moving company, well in advance. Provide them with your completed floor plan along with any notes about entrance ways, doorways and stairwells that they may need to know about. Associated measurements will be helpful.
- Provide plenty of notice to your staff, so they can pack up their desks in time and start planning their new travel arrangements.
- Be sure to inform your clients and customers of your planned move including when it will happen and where you will be moving. Furthermore, provide them with notice of any service disruptions that may be foreseen to manage their expectations.
- Many hands make light work, so utilise your employees where possible to pack up all the little things. This may include kitchen equipment, office plants or desktop items.
- Check that you will have access to your new location – will you need a key, pass code or a swipe card? Validating this in advance is essential.
During Your Move:
- Arrange for someone to be at both the location you are leaving and the one you are moving to. Therefore there will be someone to liaise with the movers at both ends, and it will ensure both locations are secure.
- Ensure your floor plan is ready and visible for your movers so they know exactly where to unpack and place all your items.
- Have staff help unpack and arrange all the smaller items they packed up at the previous premises.
After Your Move:
- Update your address and phone numbers on your website and anywhere else.
- Finally, if required inform your customers and clients you are back open for business!
Related Blog Posts:
1. How to Prepare for your Removalists in Melbourne
2. Helpful Tips On How To Move and Protect Large Furniture
3. Hiring a Reliable Interstate Transport Company in Melbourne
4. Make a Smooth Office Move with Minimum Down Time